YouTube star of "Binging with Babish" and "Babish Culinary Universe" and New York Times bestselling cookbook author
Andrew Rea’s lifelong friend and business partner
Basics with Babish: Recipes for Screwing Up, Trying Again, and Hitting It Out of the Park
BONUS BOOK GIVEAWAY of Basics with Babish at the event, while supplies last. No registration required.
In his wildly popular Basics with Babish series, YouTube star Andrew Rea, who has amassed millions of subscribers, attempts, often fails, but always teaches cooking techniques for all levels of cooks. He’s explained everything from how to make challah bread and English muffins to Asian dumplings and homemade bacon. Now those classic, essential recipes (and many more) are compiled into Basics with Babish: Recipes for Screwing Up, Trying Again, and Hitting It Out of the Park, an authoritative cookbook which contains hundreds of step-by-step photographs with tips and tricks to help you troubleshoot anything from broken butter to burnt bread to bony branzino. Basics with Babish isn’t just a kitchen Bible for a new generation of home chefs, it’s a proud reclamation of mistakes which encourages you to learn from your and Andrew’s missteps alike.
Rea launched Binging with Babish on YouTube in 2016, recreating and reimagining dishes from famous television programs and movies inspired by everything from Mad Men to The Simpsons to Game of Thrones – it now has over 10 million subscribers and growing. The tie-in cookbook, Binging with Babish, was an instant New York Times bestseller, and fans of that book and countless more will delight in this new cookbook which will truly teach you how to cook, with Rea’s beloved sense of humor and guiding hand throughout.
Rea’s YouTube channel, Babish Culinary Universe, has grown into one of the most successful and widely viewed on the platform with a new companion instructional cooking series, Basics with Babish. At the heart of everything produced from his home kitchen and studio in Brooklyn, New York, is a passion for learning, connecting, and pushing himself and others outside of their comfort zone.
Rea will be in conversation with Sawyer Jacobs, Andrew’s lifelong friend and business partner. Before working at Babish, Sawyer was an intellectual property attorney representing media clients such as Condé Nast, reddit, Inc., and The Newark Star Ledger.
This event is suitable for youth 12+. It will be recorded but not live streamed and will be available on FAN’s website and YouTube channel.
NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
- The Alliance for Early Childhood
- The Avery Coonley School
- Baker Demonstration School
- Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School
- Brickton Montessori School
- Catherine Cook School
- Chicago Jewish Day School
- Compass Health Center
- The Cove School
- Evanston Township High School D202
- The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- Family Service Center
- The Frances Xavier Warde School
- Francis W. Parker School
- Gorton Center
- Grayslake Community High School D127
- Hyde Park Day School
- Kenilworth D38
- Lake Forest Country Day School
- Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
- Latin School of Chicago
- Leo Catholic High School
- Loyola Academy
- Mindful Psychology Associates PC
- New Trier High School D203
- New Trier Parents’ Association
- Northwestern University Office of Neighborhood and Community Relations
- Northwestern University School of Education and Social Policy
- North Shore Country Day
- Pope John XXIII School
- Rebel Human
- Regina Dominican College Preparatory High School
- Resurrection College Prep High School
- Rogers Park Montessori School
- Roycemore School
- Sacred Heart Schools
- Santa Clara University School of Law
- Science & Arts Academy
- Stevenson High School D125
- Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District
- Wolcott College Prep
- Youth & Opportunity United (Y.O.U.)