Clinical psychologist and author of "Good Inside"
Chicago-based writer and Director of External Affairs for the University of Chicago’s TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health
EVENT #2: Good Inside: A Guide to Becoming the Parent You Want to Be
THIS IS AN IN-PERSON EVENT! No registration or proof of vaccination is required. Masks are recommended but not required.
Have a question for Dr. Becky? CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT! We’ll ask a few at the conclusion of the event.
Over the past several years, clinical psychologist Becky Kennedy, Ph.D., known to her followers as “Dr. Becky,” has been sparking a parenting revolution. Millions of parents, tired of following advice that either doesn’t work or simply doesn’t feel good, have embraced Dr. Becky’s empowering and effective approach, a model that prioritizes connecting with our kids over punishing them. Now in her highly anticipated first book Good Inside: A Guide to Becoming the Parent You Want to Be, Dr. Becky shares her parenting philosophy, complete with actionable strategies, that will help parents move from uncertainty and self-blame to confidence and sturdy leadership.
Oftentimes, parenting advice focuses on eradicating bad behavior and enforcing compliance at the expense of the parent-child relationship. Sure, we can temporarily “fix” bad behavior but without attending to what’s under the surface, we cannot change the dynamics that motivate a child’s behavior. Worse still, we miss an opportunity to establish a foundation for a strong relationship with our kids over time. Dr. Becky reminds us that our goal isn’t to shape behavior but to raise humans and build the skills kids need for life.
Dr. Becky will be in conversation with Heidi Stevens, Director of External Affairs for the University of Chicago’s TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health. Prior to joining University of Chicago, Stevens worked at the Chicago Tribune for 23 years, where she wrote a daily column called “Balancing Act.” She maintains a weekly nationally syndicated column. She also serves as a FAN board member.
This event suitable for youth 12+. This event will be recorded but not livestreamed and the recording will be available in a few days on our website and YouTube channel.
- Baker Demonstration School
- Barrington D220
- Brickton Montessori School
- Catherine Cook School
- Chiaravalle Montessori School
- Chicago Jewish Day School
- Compass Health Center
- Countryside Day School
- Evanston Township High School D202
- Family Service Center
- Family Service of Glencoe
- Foundation 65
- Francis W. Parker School
- Glencoe D35
- Gorton Center
- Haven Youth and Family Services
- Hyde Park Day School
- Kenilworth D38
- Lake Bluff D65
- Lake Forest Academy
- Lake Forest Country Day School
- Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
- Latin School of Chicago
- Loyola Academy
- Magnetar Capital
- Mindful Psychology Associates PC
- Near North Montessori School
- New Trier High School D203
- New Trier Parents’ Association
- North Shore Country Day
- Northwestern University School of Education and Social Policy
- Pope John XXIII School
- Rebel Human
- Regina Dominican College Preparatory High School
- Rogers Park Montessori School
- Roycemore School
- Sacred Heart Schools
- Science & Arts Academy
- Stevenson High School D125
- The Alliance for Early Childhood
- The Avery Coonley School
- The Cove School
- The Family Institute at Northwestern University
- The Frances Xavier Warde School
- University of Chicago Laboratory Schools Parents’ Association
- Wilmette Public Library
- Winnetka D36
- Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District
- Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart